Re: NSSpeechSynthesizer is mute :P

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: NSSpeechSynthesizer is mute :P
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 04:05:54 -0500

I believe I should add some comments in the code to explain this so that it is adequately understood.

GC

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:55 AM, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
How did you compile it?  NSSpeechSynthesizer talks to the back end (GSSpeechServer), which uses flite.  It's intended to be modular, so other speech synthesis engines can be plugged in (flite is very lightweight and good for embedded systems, but doesn't have the best output), and it won't be compiled at all if flite is not installed.

David

On 27 Feb 2013, at 08:37, Luis Garcia Alanis <luis@garcia.tv> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I am trying to make NSSpeechSynthesizer speak the contents of a textField but no sound comes out of it.
>
> This should init the synthesizer with the default voice:
>     speechSynth = [[NSSpeechSynthesizer alloc] initWithVoice:nil];
>
> Then I do:
>     [speechSynth startSpeakingString:string];
>
> but I get no sound. Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks
> Luis

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA