Re: Comments on the website from people on twitter...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Comments on the website from people on twitter...
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 15:52:32 +0200

Hi,

"Dr Slivnik Tomaž MA (Cantab) MMath (Cantab) PhD (Cantab) FTICA" wrote:
Would it be possible to produce a GnuStep-based desktop/distribution with a set of apps
(as per my previous mails, and others'), very small, but all robust and well-built, and
co-operating between themselves as API-based interchangeable components (e.g. Mail.app
and AddressBook.app with AddressBook being used by Mail only via a published API with
users being able to replace it) for Raspberry PI --- much in the way NeXT's MO was your
"world" here the SD card would be.

I don't know if there is interest in these SD cards: people today are connected, especially in educational sites you find some kind of internet connection all over the world. Although I admit that the idea is quite cute!

The first step is actually finishing/polishing/creating those applications before thinking the way of distributing it. I think that for most people finding the packages ready in their favourite Linux distro or BSD flavour will be enough.

Riccardo