Re: Comments on the website from people on twitter...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Comments on the website from people on twitter...
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 20:43:23 +0200

Hi,

Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
Until we can have a GNUstep distribution, how about providing VirtualBox/VMWare images of some Linux and ***BSD system with pre-installed GNUstep, clang, libobjc2 and some applications?

I know for one myself who had lots of trouble installing GNUstep would use this.

As already asked, a VM exists. It is in the process of being updated and being made more flexible with more configuration choices (compilers, newer gnustep core stuff and apps, etc). I hope we shall have fresh news from Richard soon. It is made for developers, so little software targeted for them, not really a "show off everything".

http://www.rstonehouse.co.uk/extras/GNUstep-VM-0.9/

Riccardo