Re: GNUstep Filesystem Layout

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep Filesystem Layout
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 21:54:42 +0200

Gregory Casamento wrote:
Riccardo,

The FHS layout was developed so that GNUstep binaries and libraries can be used without having to source GNUstep.sh and I'm sure it works just fine for many people's purposes.
It works indeed, but it is just ugly and foreign for our bundle structure. I suppose, f.rom what Austin write, that the combination of layout & prefix should help him

I believe by "flattened" he was referring to not having the /usr/GNUstep and ~/GNUstep directories around. The solution you mention will address the former, but not the latter as the user directory for GNUstep will still be there, I'm afraid.

Yes, but it is used essentially just for preferences and defaults, everything gets installed in expected places.

Riccardo