Re: GNUstep on FreeBSD 10

From: Stephen Woolerton
Subject: Re: GNUstep on FreeBSD 10
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:29:47 +1200

---
Secondly, with FreeBSD and these GNUstep ports, can I expect to be able to use
libdispatch to read a network socket? I wish to use this call;
"dispatch_source_create(DISPATCH_SOURCE_TYPE_READ, socket, 0, dispatchQueue)".
It isn't working for me so far.
I don't know.  It looks like it should work from skimming the libdispatch
source.  Perhaps you could trace it and make sure that the socket is being
passed to kevent()?

David

And to get back to you, it works great so far and yet to stress test...

I put some sample code up at http://artinamessage.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/sockets-libdispatch-and-gnustep/ A simple networked client and server using GNUstep and libdispatch on FreeBSD.

This is using the new packages you've prepared at redports.

Thanks
Stephen