Re: GNUstep on FreeBSD 10

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep on FreeBSD 10
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:11:04 +0100

On 23 Aug 2013, at 13:57, Stephen Woolerton <sdw@shineonline.co.nz> wrote:

> On 22/08/13 10:01 PM, David Chisnall wrote:
>> If anyone wants to test the ports, you can use portshaker to grab my overlay
>> from redports (my username is theraven).
>>
>> David
>>
> Hi David,
>
> I have compiled gnustep-base on PCBSD 9.1 using the gnustep ports at
> redports. Working well so far and the tests on gnustep-base have passed.
>
> First, a question on portshaker as I couldn't find much documentation on it.
> With the configuration below, when I ran "portshaker" I had to choose to
> "install" your ports over the top of the existing freebsd gnustep ports for
> each port.
> I expect I should set "ports_trees" to a different directory than /usr/ports.
> Just wondering how you do it...

I just had it install over /usr/ports.  This seemed easiest, and you can always
just blow away the ports tree and recreate it with portsnap later.

> ---
> Secondly, with FreeBSD and these GNUstep ports, can I expect to be able to
> use libdispatch to read a network socket? I wish to use this call;
> "dispatch_source_create(DISPATCH_SOURCE_TYPE_READ, socket, 0,
> dispatchQueue)". It isn't working for me so far.

I don't know.  It looks like it should work from skimming the libdispatch
source.  Perhaps you could trace it and make sure that the socket is being
passed to kevent()?

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine