SystemPreferences Defaults, localization

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: SystemPreferences Defaults, localization
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:52:50 +0200

Hi,

in the past fortnight I worked on the "Defaults" module of SystemPreferences.

Defaults allow tuning many known and lesser-known GNUstep settings without resorting to the command line and remembering obscure strings. The nice part is that the settings are dynamically written in a plist and not hard-coded.

I tried to make it easier to localize: instead of "duplicating" the whole configuration file.

I thus split the configuration from a separate Localizable string file, this should allow easier translation of all the description! To make that I had to get proper bundle loading of the preferences (thanks Fred).

I ask for two things:
1) could some of the developers and users check if the settings are still valid? perhaps some of them are no longer used 2) after confirming the array, if there is anybody interested in attempting translations

Since strings are keyed by a key and not just the english string, the whole array needs to be translated.

Riccardo