GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:31:36 +0200

Hi,

somebody here noticed a problem I had long known: Gworkspace had serious problems "remembering" viewers, their state, type of view used and last position. THis problem was especially serious with many "root viewers" (= new "alt-V") more than "open as folder" opened viewers.

This problem was introduced (actually, I think it existed before in certain cases already) with Spatial viewers. Now that I have removed it I went to the second stage and tried to fix. This required a re-work on how viewers are initialized, keyed and how preferences are saved.

Please try... I have been using and stressing it for several days and it looks good. It would be convenient to wipe your old GWorkspace defaults. If not, they shouldn't harm (I did not delete them) however some cruft will remain in it if you don't delete it, harmless though.

Riccardo