Re: GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 09:38:57 +0200

Hi,

Germán Arias wrote:
On 2013-08-30 19:17:14 -0600 Germán Arias <german@xelalug.org> wrote:

Sorry, maybe I misunderstand this. If I open other viewers and then close
GWorkspace, when I launch it again these views are there. I thought you are
talking about if the viewer remember the last state and position when I launch
a new viewer. For example If I open a new viewer and select the Images
directory. After close this and open a new viewer, I thought this should show
the images directory.
Sorry, no. A new viewer is a new viewer! It should open as a "new root viewer" if if you open it from the menu. Of you make "open as folder" it should of course open from that place directly and have that folder as root.

What should be remembered is that when you close gworkspace, it hsould remember the open viewers (which it already did) but for each viewer also its root path (wether "root" or another folder) and important its type (browser, list, icon) the presence or not of the voncenience tab at top and even the last selection for certain viewer type. All the latter stuff did not work (or stopped working years ago). You got N viewers back, but they were all the same, all root browsers and of "column browser" type.

Now you can for example go to your application folder, open it as a folder, set it to icons, remove the tab ad leave it there. Quit and reopen you should find it the same.

Riccardo