Re: Symbols not found?

From: Kevin Ingwersen
Subject: Re: Symbols not found?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:51:51 +0100

I couldnt sit still, and instead searched further. I ended up with the fact
that I forgot to link the foundation framework, and managed to link in the
libobjc I created. Now however, I have the problem that I am linked to 2
libobjc’s - the one from apple and the one from GNUstep. So how do I prevent
GCC from auto-linking against Apple’s runtime?

Some output:
Ingwie@Ingwies-Air ~/Work/objc $ /opt/GNUstep/bin/g++ -fnext-runtime test3.mm
-framework Foundation
Ingwie@Ingwies-Air ~/Work/objc $ ./a.out
objc[92056]: Class Object is implemented in both /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib and
/opt/GNUstep/lib/libobjc.1.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is
undefined.
objc[92056]: Class Protocol is implemented in both /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib and
/opt/GNUstep/lib/libobjc.1.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is
undefined.
Welcome to this ObjC++
ObjC call
C++ call

Ingwie@Ingwies-Air ~/Work/objc $ otool -L a.out
a.out:
        /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
(compatibility version 300.0.0, current version 1056.0.0)
        libobjc.1.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 1.7.2)
        /opt/GNUstep/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0,
current version 7.18.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1197.1.1)
        /opt/GNUstep/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
228.0.0)

Kind regards, Ingwie