Re: Symbols not found?

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Symbols not found?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:11:40 +0100

Kevin Ingwersen <ingwie2000@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I couldnt sit still, and instead searched further. I ended up with the fact
> that I forgot to link the foundation framework, and managed to link in the
> libobjc I created. Now however, I have the problem that I am linked to 2
> libobjc’s - the one from apple and the one from GNUstep. So how do I prevent
> GCC from auto-linking against Apple’s runtime?

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here, but the only way to avoid
linking against Apple's runtime is to not link against any of Apple's
frameworks (including, but not limited to CoreFoundation, Foundation and
AppKit). These files have been linked against Apple's ObjC runtime by Apple
when the system was built and there's no way to undo that.

Wolfgang