RE: new to group, request clarifications

From: a b
Subject: RE: new to group, request clarifications
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 00:35:37 -0500

I want to thank everyone who replied to my questions for their excellent
in my previous post.

1) Reference #1 below talks about two problems in using ProjectCenter.
    For myself, these are minor so they would not be a show-stopper.
    Have these problems been resolved?  I only ask because the comments
    were made in 2011, so it's possible they are already fixed.

2)  Reference #2 below talks about a backend for Microsoft Windows.  Is he
     referring to the WinUX (??) theme?  I had read somewhere that there was a
     problem if you wanted to change from the default GNUstep theme, but
     I was not able to find the information in order to quote it here with my
     question.  If an author wanted to create a Windows application which
     looked like a native Windows application instead of NextStep, is there a
     way to do so?  What additional components, if any, would need to be downloaded
     and installed?  Would this break anything so that you could not just recompile
     for other platforms that were supported by the application?  Would the
     application be able to retain a native look and feel on every supported platform?

3)  The Droidstep thing sounded interesting.  I assume it was designed to let you
      use GNUstep to write applications for Android smartphones.  Too bad it appears
      to be dead.  Has anyone done any experimentation in this area?  Any ideas on how
      difficult it would be to do such a thing?

Thank you

reference #1
TalkLittle WriteLittle
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01692665346700760331
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Setting up GNUstep in Windows
9.    Follow tutorial at http://www.gnustep.org/experience/PierresDevTutorial/index.html
                  1.     ProjectCenter doesn't recognize gorm for some reason, which is why I
                          have to run gorm separately.
                  2.    Also, builds don't work from within ProjectCenter, but thankfully GNUstep
                         generates makefiles for everything, so from the GNUstep shell you can just
                         type "make" inside your project, and it'll generate a ProjectName.app
                         directory for you. Inside that directory, you'll find Windows binaries to run
                         the app.
reference #2
GNUstep Configuration Guide
Mr. Dennis Leeuw
Setting the system default backend
... there is a backend that uses X11, libart, cairo or Microsoft® Windows®.