Re: new to group, request clarifications

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: new to group, request clarifications
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:49:56 +0100

Hi,

a b wrote:

I want to thank everyone who replied to my questions for their excellent
in my previous post.

1) Reference #1 below talks about two problems in using ProjectCenter.
    For myself, these are minor so they would not be a show-stopper.
    Have these problems been resolved?  I only ask because the comments
    were made in 2011, so it's possible they are already fixed.
I don't know about windows, I didn't test since quite some time. I will check.

ProjectCenter on Unix generates makefiles, i recently fixed some details there too, the makefiles generated can be then run inside mingw.
ProjectCenter also opens Gorm files correctly on Unix.

My standard workflow is to create the project and most of it under Unix, possibly sharing the resources with Mac.

usually I do as a development workflow:

1) put sources in CVS/SVN
2) create an XCode project and ProjectCenter+Makefiles to support natively Mac and GNUstep. I commit makefiles to the source control system
3) develop and test natively on both platforms (if Mac is required).
4) once the project is created, it has makefiles and thus you can compile and test on other platforms easily (e.g. I may develop on my FreeBSD workstation and my Linux laptop, then test with just a "make" on a solaris server, embedded platform, etc 5) variant of 4) is to do the same on Windows, just "make" inside the project will generate the appropriate executable

6) to package sources, "make clean && make dist"

7) to package binaries:
   1) on mac, usual workflow with xcode
2) I don't do binaries on Unix, distirbutions are expected to get the sources and package them 3) on windows I create the binaries and then either create a NSIS installer that requires standard GNUstep install, or with my script I build the self contained blob, which buts all mingw and gnustep core inside the app bundle resources.

Riccardo