Re: Info-plist naming

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Info-plist naming
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:22:46 +0100

On 27.12.2013 05:21, Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
> Hi
>
> Xcode (at least from v5) generates a Info.plist with the name
> xxx-Info.plist where xxx is app / bundle name.
>
> GNUstep expects a plist name
> xxxInfo.plist
>
> Is this done deliberately to keep them apart or did they use to be same
> once?
>
> Should GNUstep make be updated to automatically recognize Xcode generated
> Info-plist as well?

The name that GNUstep is using was formally used by Apple as well. We
should change the code in GNUstep make to be able to use the new file
name as well. Most people will use the build tool Greg wrote to compile
their Xcode projects with GNUstep, but for those bothering with writing
a GNUmakefile we should provide this feature.

I started doing so but realized that many files in make/Instance have
similar, but not identical, code to determine and process the Info.plist
file. I will try to move some of that code into rule.make to. We could
move more code there, for example to allow the use of the preprocessing
mechanism for application plist for all types. But I am no expert in
GNUstep make and would prefer to leave this task to somebody with more
insight.

Fred