Re: Info-plist naming

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Info-plist naming
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:36:12 +0100

Hi,

Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
Xcode (at least from v5) generates a Info.plist with the name
xxx-Info.plist where xxx is app / bundle name.

GNUstep expects a plist name
xxxInfo.plist

Is this done deliberately to keep them apart or did they use to be same once?

Should GNUstep make be updated to automatically recognize Xcode generated Info-plist as well?

they are differently named since I work for GNUstep and use MacOS, and that is since 10.0 and a decade or more ago.

It is useful for them to be different, since they might be different and I maintain most apps I write with two ports that share common code, but different settings.

We should however make our tools "Apple aware". E.g. by using Apple's info file if only that is present or, perhaps, at the first time "copy it over" or both.

Riccardo