GNUstep on NixOS

From: Artyom Shalkhakov
Subject: GNUstep on NixOS
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 20:23:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I've been doing some work to make GNUstep available on NixOS. [1]

NixOS [2] is a Linux distro based on Nix, the package manager which borrows
some concepts of purely functional programming to make builds reproducible.
Most importantly, it makes it easy for end-users to maintain separate
"enviroments" for different tasks.

Currently, I managed to build and run ProjectCenter and Gorm with a few hacks.

I plan to create an environment for building and running GNUstep applications.
It will allow developers to get started with up-to-date GNUstep system with few
command-line invocations.

Cheers,
Artyom Shalkhakov

[1] https://github.com/ashalkhakov/nixpkgs/tree/gnustep