Re: Problems to compile Base on Windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problems to compile Base on Windows
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 09:19:54 +0000

On 1 Jan 2015, at 23:38, Germán Arias <germanandre@gmx.es> wrote:

> I'm compiling GNUstep on Windows 7 using latest MinGW. But I have some
> problems. First I get:
>
> error: pthread.h present but cannot be compiled
>
> I solve this with this recommendation:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.64/html_node/Present-But-Cannot-Be-Compiled.html
>
> But then I get:
>
> error: unable to find size of pthread_mutex_t (required).
>
> Any advice? Thanks.

This doesn't sound like a problem in gnustep itsself ... rather it sounds like
you haven't got pthreads installed properly.

You should at least go back and check that both pthread packages are installed
in the right place ... if the configure process found pthread.h then you must
have headers installed, but possibly the dll/binary is not installed or is
installed in the wrong place so that the linker doesn't find it.
The pthread installation instructions in the old README.MinGW in gnustep-make
may still apply in windows-7 (I have only tried in XP).