Re: Mac compatility problem: recent items menu

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Mac compatility problem: recent items menu
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 15:49:04 +0100

> Am 01.01.2015 um 17:51 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Wolfgang Lux wrote:
>> I had a look at Graphos and in the end it turned out that your problem has a
>> dead simple solution. The Info.plist file of Graphos lacks a value for the
>> CFBundleIdentifier key. Once I added this key, Graphos started to populate
>> the recent documents menu.
> nice tip! thanks a lot! It works, also for PRICE! I remember setting these
> values, but apparently they got lost. I faked them with "org.gnustep.PRICE"
> and "org.gnustep.Graphos" !
> So I will release Graphos soon, several nice additions to share.
>
> PRICE instead has still another, much bigger problem on 10.6: it fails to
> save, be it TIFF or JPEG. Does it reproduce at your place I have faint
> memories that at first it worked, before i fixed the many warnings and
> problems I found... strange.

From a quick glance at PRICE's svn repository, I'd say that the problem is the
checks for your document types in MyDocument -dataRepresentationOfType:. When
UTIs are defined for your document types, OS X Leopard and later pass the UTI
instead of the document type name to methods -dataRepresentationOfType: and
-loadDataRepresentation:ofType:. So, in dataRepresentationOfType: you should
change the check
  if ([aType isEqualToString:@"TIFF"])
into
  if ([aType isEqualToString:@"TIFF"] || [aType isEqualToString:@"public.tiff"])