Re: NSLog suggestion

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSLog suggestion
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:26:27 +0000

On 28 Feb 2015, at 01:21, Amr Aboelela <amraboelela@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
> DLog in Apple environment is now almost a standard, which is defined as:
>
> #   define DLog(fmt, ...) {NSLog((@"%s [Line %d] " fmt), __PRETTY_FUNCTION__,
> __LINE__, ##__VA_ARGS__);}
>
> and it prints:
>
> 2015-02-27 17:07:56.973 <app name>[<process-id>:<thread-id>]
>
> Which means it DOES print the thread id along with the process-id, while in
> GNUstep it doesn't. Hence came my suggestion.

Thanks ... you talk of DLog confused me for a bit, but reading between the
lines I think you are saying that NSLog() has changed in OSX so that it now
prints the thread ID by default, and we should therefore update the GNUstep
implementation to turn on printing of the thread ID by default to match the OSX
change.
I'll look into that.