Re: Is GNUStep still beign updated?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Is GNUStep still beign updated?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 07:57:40 +0100

On 15 May 2015, at 02:49, ochi n <ochi12@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm quite new to objective-c. It just looks interesting as an object
> oriented superset of c, but it looks like I can't even create a class without
> a framework like GNUStep(that is, without the NSObject root class). Also the
> latest release of gnustep-base was like two years ago. I just wanted to know
> whether gnustep is still being updated or not. Because it seems like an
> excellent framework and the only free(libre) alternative to apple's
> proprietary cocoa(and without cocoa, objective c is almost useless, as
> there's no root class and implementing one can be pretty difficult).
>
> It may be a stupid question, but the mailing list and the wiki seem mostly
> inactive so I'm not sure about it.

I think the wiki *is* pretty inactive ... for instance, the last release of
gnustep-base was more like six months ago, and coincidentaly, the next one is
later today (so svn trunk currently contains the 1.24.8 version if you are too
impatient to wait a few hours for the package to be available for download).