Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work

From: Alessandro Sangiuliano
Subject: Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:35:12 +0100

Is what I'm trying to do. I'm working on a customized Ubuntu distro with GNUstep and Étoilé Apps and Frameworks. Actually I'm trying to remove the Ubuntu launcher on the left; it doesn't fit with GNUstep and with my idea of "Dock". Unity is implemented as a compiz plugin, so the only way to remove the launcher is touching the relative code. With the last version, compiz got a lot of fixes and is more reliable, sure, better than before, so now compiz has a nice behavior with GNUstep windows.

We all, could work on a NeXT-like desktop as proposed by Adam, but also on a modern-like desktop to show the potential and flexibility of GNUstep.

Any help is welcome.