Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows

From: Thom Cherryhomes
Subject: Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 18:55:30 +0000

This is part of what I intend to show with these videos. GNUstep has amazing potential, but no real push to unify everything together, which is ironic as hell, given the utterly vertical nature of its heritage.

-Thom

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:44 PM Doc O'Leary <droleary@2015usenet1.subsume.com> wrote:
For your reference, records indicate that
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> What is needed?
> True bug reports and true patches and help in resolution.

No, what is needed is a grand vision and a community that is willing to
get behind it.  As my own past criticisms have stated, GNUstep lacks a
coherent message on what it aims to accomplish that anybody should care
about.  I still see no move to address that one *very* major problem.

> As the harsh people on OpenBSD would say "where is your code? "where are
> your patches?"

The last thing the world needs is more projects that are nothing but
brogrammers.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly