Re: Questions about a Couple of Defaults

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Re: Questions about a Couple of Defaults
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 20:16:05 +0100

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 17:52:08 +0200, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

Hi,

Richard Stonehouse wrote:

I had a problem with Thematic failing to open an inspector window if the
location where it was trying to open the window was off-screen.  This
was running in a VM but could happen on a real machine with a small screen.

I suppose this could be a GUI bug? we should never attempt to put a
window outside the screen when opening or unarchiving a NIB without a
tiny portion of it being "grabbable".

I even think this was fixed in GUI some time ago, I wonder what Thematic
is doing different here that breaks the fix.

Yes, it does indeed work correctly on a more current version of GNUstep (gnustep-gui version 0.24.1 and Thematic version 0.2 svn 37364); the inspector window is opened within the screen area even if the co-ordinates specified in the defaults were outside. Sorry for the false alarm.

Riccardo

--
    Richard Stonehouse