Re: Number formatters in tables on GORM

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Re: Number formatters in tables on GORM
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 05:13:46 -0600

I think this is a limitation in how Gorm decides whether or not to drop the formatter. Looking at DataPalette.m (https://github.com/gnustep/apps-gorm/blob/master/Palettes/4Data/DataPalette.m#L355) it checks whether the object at the drag destination responds to -setFormatter:, my expectation is that this would be NSTableView, NSScrollView or NSTableColumn when you drag over a table. It's the column's -dataCell that the formatter needs attaching to...does that need handling specially in DataPalette.m?

Thanks,
Graham.