Installing gnustep from version control sources

From: Mick Bert
Subject: Installing gnustep from version control sources
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 15:19:26 +0200

Hello
I would like to install gnustep on an old Apple iBook with Lubuntu
14.04 PowerPC, compiling it from sources taken from VCS, but I can not
find any updated guide to follow.

I found on the wiki [1] and [2], but the SVN address indicated is wrong.

Eventually I found the gnustep github page [3], but it left me a bit
confused. I remembered as the correct order of packages to install
was: -make, -base, -gui, -back.

Now, is tools-make a new name for gnuste-make? Is it to be installed for first?
Second: should I compile and install libobjc2 from that github before
-make? (thats what I actually tried to do).

Last but not least: trying to compile libobjc2, I realize that it
require a version of cmake newer than the one provided by my linux
distribution. Are there any workaround, or alternative way to compile?

Thanks,

[1] http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Using_Subversion
[2]http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_SVN_Installation_Guide
[3] https://github.com/gnustep