Re: Is there a mathematical matrix class?

From: dale.amon
Subject: Re: Is there a mathematical matrix class?
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 07:13:58 -0700

Thanks for the discussion. The specific application is one in
which I have an NSArray of NSArray's of Objects. In this case
the objects are for the most part NSStrings and NSNumbers or
related, but the actual content is not what I am dealing with.

The thing that one of the objects represents may or may not
be present. I am presently dealing with that by pre-building
the row NSArrays to have the largest number of columns expected
and inserting @"" in each cell so that each index is pre-existing.

I then populate them as I read in data and when it is all done
I do all the transforms; I swap row and column (transpose) mirror
the result right to left and then swap columns around to get things
in a preferred mapping. Not as much computing as it sounds because
I can pre-calculate the initial and final index of each cell and
write them into an output 'matrix' of filled in NSArrays of NSArrays
of NSStrings and copy source to destination.

It just bothers my engineering soul that I can't do it with simple
math though.

|  Dale Amon         Immortal Data          |
|  CEO       Midland International Air and Space Port  |
| amon@vnl.com    "Data Systems for Deep Space and Time"  |