Re: Expected behavior when clicking on a title bar?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Expected behavior when clicking on a title bar?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 21:38:30 -0400

Edwin,

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 13:32 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi,

edwin ancaer wrote:
> Let's blame  GNUMail for unexpectedly sending the previous message. As I said, I replaced the mouse,and now everything is working fine: clicking  and double clicking the title bar, using the scroll wheel... it  all work as you described.

I supposed so - there were issues with the mouse buttons event, since
the two things: drag and roll up are distinct events tied to distinct
buttons.

> Only remaining problem are the unnecessary artefact of the redrawing of the windows as it i scrolling up                                                                    I can imagine there are more urgent problems to solve.

Not totally urgent indeed .... Can you explain better what is happening?
Especially, where are the artifacts:
1) in "any" background window when you roll-up?
  1.a) or only in gnustep-drawn background windows? e.g. with GWorkspace
running and desktop enabled? In case you have the desktop (which is in
fact an enourmous windows, try disabling it)
  1.b) any app, e.g. xterm, firefox, ?
  1.c) also plain windowmaker background

2) in the "roll-down" window reopening and not drawing correctly? just
gnustep or all apps?

Just to try to understand if it is GNUstep specific or if it happens
also with other apps ? In the first case it is strange but would be our
fault (possibly backend) in the latter case, it is an issue with
windowmaker or even X11 and its video driver.

Riccardo

This has happened for me under GNUstep and non GNUstep apps.  This is a bug in WindowMaker.    Just my $0.02.

GC

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/