Re: Install GWorkspace To Fedora

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Install GWorkspace To Fedora
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 12:32:45 +0200

Hi,

most likely your compilation problem is just caused by switching the user (or
the terminal) between running the GNUstep.sh script and trying to compile
PDFKit. This library is not really needed by Gworkspace, but it should be
rather easy to compile and the many point is that you set up an environment to
compile any GNUstep component. They should be very similar and if you get on to
build the rest will be fairly easy.

Finding prebuild package for Fedora 27 will be a bit complicated as this is
already dated. I have OBS build GNUstep packages for me for Fedora 28 and 29
(https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/X11:GNUstep). For some time I am
having issues with transitive dependencies. This has nothing to do with GNUstep
or the specific packages. It is an OBS issue where dependency substitution is
only working for two levels. That is the reason why there currently is no
package for Gworkspace.

Hope this helps,
Fred