Re: SwiftUI compatibility APIs in GNUstep's graphics stack (Was: Which O

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: SwiftUI compatibility APIs in GNUstep's graphics stack (Was: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 18:47:40 +0000

Look at quartzgl and how it ended up.

And to go back to open systems: which api would you use to feed a GPU a fast updating “vector image” with beziers, gradients, etc? How would you restructure X11/Wayland and the whole graphics stack to first build a “PDF” of a window to upload in this way? How long would it take you? Who would maintain this new radical rearchitecture of free desktop’s software stack?

Unless you can tell me how this would work (because who knows, it might, I am not actually too well informed) I would prefer not to stray too much into Fantasyland. :-)