Re: ProjectCenter running or building

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter running or building
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 13:00:03 +0100

On 5 Jan 2020, at 12:50, David Chisnall wrote:

from now on this is a clang issue and I am no longer of any help here. Maybe David has an idea what is going on? It would help to know which version of clang used to work and on which version it is failing. The next thing would be to write a minimal framework and an application using this to reproduce the issue.

There is a bug in BFD LD. Things that use ld -r in some situations (I have not been able to find a minimal test case, but base additions is one) have things stripped too early and so all of the Objective-C classes are removed.

I’m quite sure that I linked everything using ld.gold. Same issue.

Johannes