Re: Vespucci and Flexisheet : Webkit deprecated dependencies ?

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: Re: Vespucci and Flexisheet : Webkit deprecated dependencies ?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 14:36:26 +0200

Hi Riccardo,

On 2020-06-12 01:45:03 +0200 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

Hi Patrick,

On 12/06/2020 00:47, Patrick Cardona via Discussion list for the GNUstep programming environment wrote:
I tried to make some apps from the Gap repository.
While building Vespucci and Flexisheet, I was stuck with a dependency I could not resolve : it seems to be a deprecated Webkit lib, because the alternative Debian gave (1) was not us

it means you miss WebKit. Currently the only way to satisfy it is libs-simplewebkit which was never released because alpha-quality.

For Flexisheet, this is not a big issue, the library is only needed to display some Help.

So I removed the header calls about FSFunctionHelp in the GNUmakefile
and even in other headers where it was named, and I could make the FlexiSheet app.
Thank You for your help.

Vespucci is a rudimentary browser which is essentially testbed for SWK itself.

About the only useful thing you can do now is browse the Reference documentation without kicking up Firefox. Useful if you are on a Raspberry or other similar system, but not much more.

So I shall not try about Vespucci  anymore.

don't hold your breath though, SWK is stagnant since years, unfortunately.

A port of WebKit however would be a "drop-in", the interfaces are the same.

Riccardo

Regards
--
Bien cordialement,