Re: Trying to build GNUstep from git repo and clang-9 on Raspbian Buster

From: Andreas Fink
Subject: Re: Trying to build GNUstep from git repo and clang-9 on Raspbian Buster (10.4)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:41:12 +0200

I had no problems compiling gnustep9 on debian9-64bit on a raspberriy-pi.
However as always on debian, you must use the gold linker not the default one. Otherwise hell breaks loose.

And I didnt even try 32bit version (but it should work too from my experience in the past). The biggest problem for me under 32bit was to get a decent compiler version ( >= clang8) installed as the debian repo version has an issue which bites you with gnustep/libobjc2 badly. compiling clang from source under a Raspi is really no fun, especially if you dont have 8GB of RAM as the latest versions. 4GB might work but 2GB lets it constantly swap and being killed by OOM killer.

--
Sent from Canary