Help building GNUstep from scratch

From: Michael Lastname
Subject: Help building GNUstep from scratch
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 23:02:32 +0000

Firstly I’d like to apologize for inadvertently sending this message to the wrong mailing list, I’m very sorry about that.

Below is the same message, but this time in the correct list:

I’m following the guide listed here http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Building_GNUstep_with_Clang but on step 3 when I run

make install

I get the following error:

cc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Xclang’

cc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Xclang’

Is there any extra prepwork I need to be doing that isn’t documented on the wiki? If it effects anything, I did install GNUstep and GNUstep-devel from aptitude.