Re: Using GnuStep on a day to day basis, strange basic bugs

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Using GnuStep on a day to day basis, strange basic bugs
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 13:16:13 +0100

Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
> An RTF file opens in 'Grr' for me, with an ``NSInvalidArgumentException
> RSSFeed(Instance) does not recognise setSuperElement`` error. Boo.

Of course, Grr has no meas of opening RTF file and also it does not
advertise to open them, should not at least.
only "rdf" are advertised.

In the plist inside the App, I find this:

            NSUnixExtensions = (
                rdf,
                RDF,
                xml,
                XML,
                rss,
                RSS,
                atom,
                ATOM
            );

what does your say?

> Right-clicked the file > GWorkspace main menu > File > Open with...; this
> works. Brings up a prompt, where I am able to type `/usr/bin/libreoffice',
> and the file opens with libreoffice. I do not know path to the textedit
> binary file.

If it is in your env. path you don't need the full path. Just try the
executable name!

> Perhaps re-installing TextEdit package can help?

Perhaps just "make_services" reloads all extensions assotiations, try.

Riccardo