Re: Website, domain and bugtracker(s)

From: Xavier Brochard
Subject: Re: Website, domain and bugtracker(s)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 17:49:10 +0200

Le 15.08.2021 16:43, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
What can we do to improve this major issue? This usability issue was
not thought after when pushing github.

I've seen some projecs that use a dedicated (and empty) repository to report bugs, hiding the Issues tab in Github. Frankly, this doesn't help users as we can't easily browse the corresponding repository, nor it help to link patches to bugs. Others use Github as it should be, with Issues related to repositories, and email based workflow (notifications and answers). This make life easier for everyone. We may have a page on the website to redirect users to the right repo. Most beginners well have "desktop" and apps issues, while advanced ones and dev will report bugs according to libs.

Xavier