Website organization Re: Notes from GNUstep quarterly meet up...

From: Patryk Laurent
Subject: Website organization Re: Notes from GNUstep quarterly meet up...
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 08:39:05 -0700

Hi Riccardo,

> It makes one think that if you are a "Developer" you can ignore the
> "Experience" and vice-versa. That is wrong.

Perhaps it does!

> A user maybe is only interested in the experience and in getting help.
> A Developer might (actually "should") be interested also in the context.

Agreed — I’d think a developer would naturally like to look at experience
initially from the user perspective — but then ultimately want a “human
interface guidelines” perspective (UX with info on how to produce it.). So yes
it would be good to ensure that information is readily accessible to
developers.

> However, you are probably right in the fact that we can change the "base
> hooks". We made the base menu very high-level.
> E.g. perhaps the developer documentation should get a base-link in the menu
> instead of having to go through Developers -> Manuals and Documentation?
>
> Also perhaps "Developers" should be renamend "Development" to be consistent
> with Experience.
>
> E.g.:
> [Development]
>   Apps & Tools (as is to Developer tools)
>   Documentation (-> direct to developers/documentation.html)
>   Developer Resources (-> to current developers/index.html)
>   Developer Blogs (as is... could also be removed and put into developer
> resources, it is not that important I think)
>
> What do you think ?

Yes! These all sound very good to me, worth doing the changes and seeing how it
feels.

Best regards,
Patryk