Re: Website organization Re: Notes from GNUstep quarterly meet up...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Website organization Re: Notes from GNUstep quarterly meet up...
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 11:25:17 +0200

Hi Patryk,

However, you are probably right in the fact that we can change the "base
hooks". We made the base menu very high-level.
E.g. perhaps the developer documentation should get a base-link in the menu
instead of having to go through Developers -> Manuals and Documentation?

Also perhaps "Developers" should be renamend "Development" to be consistent
with Experience.

E.g.:
[Development]
   Apps & Tools (as is to Developer tools)
   Documentation (-> direct to developers/documentation.html)
   Developer Resources (-> to current developers/index.html)
   Developer Blogs (as is... could also be removed and put into developer
resources, it is not that important I think)

What do you think ?
Yes! These all sound very good to me, worth doing the changes and seeing how it
feels.

After tweaking other stuff (I discovered we had broken tables, links... lots of cleanup to do and more is missing) I implemented also this small change. I did it only in the first home page - since the site is static, it needs to be copied (and adapted with relative links) manually, so I'll do only if it is an improvement.

I like it. I just added and renamed stuff, I did not remove the Blogs, I don't think they disturb. For me it is OK, for you?

Maybe another point to discuss is if the "Report bugs" should be removed from top-level and put maybe in experience below "get help", five the "change" that page should become, but that is a separate discussion thread.

Another hint could be renaming "Get Help" to "Contacts and Lists", but I am unsure, Get Help is very direct, but unexpected.

Riccardo