ANN: buildtool and libs-xcode release 0.1.0

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: ANN: buildtool and libs-xcode release 0.1.0
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:59:36 -0400

I have uploaded the initial release of buildtool and libs-xcode.

buildtool
----
This tool is a simple front-end to the XCode library.  It provides the user with a simple interface with which to build xcode projects.

How to use it:
----
1) Go into an Xcode project directory.
2) type "buildtool"
   * by default, buildtool executes its 'build' sub-command
     that builds the Xcode project using the build phases and
     settings defined there
3) buildtool will create a build directory with the following
   structure:
   * build/$(TARGET_NAME)/Products/$(PRODUCT_NAME).app

The application will copy all the resources into the directory for the application.   The above is simply an example, you can build any kind of target based on the frameworks we have.

Other sub-commands for buildtool include:
* generate - the purpose of generate is to translate the Xcode
  project file into a GNUmakefile
* clean - this cleans the build directory

XCode
----
This library is what makes the above command work.  I separated it out into a lib so that it could easily be leveraged by applications that might want to use it to build targets and also to get information about xcode projects.

Please enjoy using and testing these as I have enjoyed creating them.  Please do not hesistate to report bugs in their respective repos.

Sincerely yours, GC

--
Gregory Casamento
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=352392 - Become a Patron