Status of Swift - Objective-C/GNUstep Interoperability

From: Hugo Melder
Subject: Status of Swift - Objective-C/GNUstep Interoperability
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:12:58 +0200

Hi,

​​In the last couple of weeks/months I've worked a lot with the GNUstep frameworks and really like the intuitiveness of Objective-C/Cocoa. I recently implemented some new NSURL methods and the NSURLSessionDownloadTask. It's already merged :) (Thank you for all the tips and tricks you gave me while reviewing my code).

Now I have to ask one question: Are there any plans to add interoperability between Swift and Objective-C for the libobjc2 runtime?
It would attrack new developers and help improve the GNUstep frameworks. I don't like Swift syntax and its inconsistencies but this is a personal preference and at the end interop is better than what we have now.