Re: [DMCA-Activists] Re: Microsoft to Patent .NET

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] Re: Microsoft to Patent .NET
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 03:36:22 -0500

I think if we don't start attacking this at the core, we will loose this
faster than you think.  But of course, playing whack the mole
and having petty turn wars is much more fun.

Ruben

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 12:53:10PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Microsoft has applied at the EPO for a patent on key principles and
>     features of another related language standard called GDL.  GDL seems
>     to be an extended-and-embraced version of XML which incorporates
>     object orientation, overcoming some of the rigidity of SGML/XML.
>
> Is this what they are planning to use in a future version of Word?

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS http://fairuse.nylxs.com

http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.inns.net <-- Happy Clients