Re: [DMCA-Activists] MPAA draft state super-DMCA amendment

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] MPAA draft state super-DMCA amendment
Date: 04 Apr 2003 12:05:06 -0500

You wrote over thirty papers since yesterday's new MPAA draft?

Everyone knows the DMCA is bad.  But this isn't the DMCA -- it's a
proposed state law.  The new version is much improved, because it
doesn't seem to mandate DRM (see the last paragraph).

I am asking on this list because I want to have the best arguments
against *specific objectionable provisions* of this act.  So, first I
want to identify said provisions.

The MPAA lobbyist got slammed because she didn't know the specifics of
the proposed law (or current local law).  I don't want to be in that
situation.