Re: [DMCA-Activists] Pre-emptive comment on "NY Fair Use" dispute

From: The Guttersnipe
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] Pre-emptive comment on "NY Fair Use" dispute
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 02:12:37 +0100 (BST)

 Personally I couldn't give a damn about NY this or NY that or him or
the other him or who was there first or last or anything. I am tired of
this argument and I know others must be as well. Neither side means
anything to me, the only thing that matters here is that we get
information out and we get people concerned and active. Who "owns" the
information is meaningless to me, and that is why I am here, I think
information should be open to everyone and the the control over
information not be caught in a strangle hold by it's laywer wielding
lawyer.
 Now I have to read about this side or that side reaching for their
lawyer here as well? That's absurd! This petty factionalism is stupid,
and can only weaken our efforts. I hope that I am not seen as out of
line but I imagine that I cannot be the only person frustrated by this
constant bickering over NY Fair use, I would go so far as to say that
about 1/8 of the content on this list is on this topic and most of us
don't even live in NY.
 Frustrated, The Guttersnipe

 --- Dan Barrett <address@hidden> wrote: > On Wednesday 09 April
2003 10:35, Seth Finkelstein wrote:
> > Uh-oh ... as this list has another round of the dispute
> > over who is NY Fair Use
>
> Wait, someone should *copyright* something to do with NY Fair Use,
> and then
> use the DMCA to bludgeon the other party.

=====
The time to speak up is now! Free Speech is slipping away
http://www.eff.org/cafe/

Freedom to think, Freedom to share, Freedom to change the future, Free Software
http://www.gnu.org, http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/

In this entropic Universe, live a negentropic life with ever expanding moments
of
                                             epiphany!

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience