[DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] MS Chosen Exclusive "Homeland Securi

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] MS Chosen Exclusive "Homeland Security" Contractor
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:21:24 -0400

Good point.  Still, "preferred" is enormously significant.  Not the least
given the full context.  Including who this is and what this is likely to
involve.

Not that I know much about contracting or procurement.  But among other
things, think about this in the context of Microsoft's attempts to establish
a standing for the use of restricted code for public functions.

Seth

"Jeffrey W Comer, TeqSolutions LLC" wrote:

> "Exclusive" or "preferred"? There is a difference in English
> language... Is there a difference in contracting and
> procurement?

DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

[CC] Counter-copyright: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cc/cc.html

I reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution of
this incidentally recorded communication.  Original authorship should be
attributed reasonably, but only so far as such an expectation might hold for
usual practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no claim of
exclusive rights.