Re: [DMCA-Activists] More on: PC HDTV Tuners and "Broadcast Flag"

From: Larry Garfield
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] More on: PC HDTV Tuners and "Broadcast Flag"
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:06:55 -0600

Seth Johnson wrote:

will they eradicate the old drivers from the Internet?   Will it
be possible to write FCC compliant open-source drivers for the
HD-2000
card?  I believe a couple of the cards don't provide access to
the ATSC stream, thus making it impossible to detect the flag.

The activist in me feels that the effort should be under way to write FCC-non-compliant open source drivers for it, and make them damned good. Host them offshore if you have to, but fight every bloody inch.

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
address@hidden          ICQ: 6817012

"If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it." -- Thomas Jefferson