[DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Re: Boaters lost in marine chart fig

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Re: Boaters lost in marine chart fight
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:59:57 -0400

Simon Drabble wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Richard Stallman wrote:
>
> > Would someone like to write to the head of the Canadian Hydrographic
> > Service, and suggest releasing these digital maps under the GNU GPL?
> >
> If they've sold them to a private firm they no longer hold any rights to do
> such a thing, I would imagine.
>
> Of course, that raises the question what they were doing selling public
> property to a private concern in the first place.

But hey, black is white and white is black, so . . .

Seth

--

DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

I reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution of
this incidentally recorded communication.  Original authorship should be
attributed reasonably, but only so far as such an expectation might hold for
usual practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no claim of
exclusive rights.