Re: [DotGNU]Gnome to be based on .NET

From: William G. Thompson, Jr.
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Gnome to be based on .NET
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:39:24 -0500 (EST)

Folks,

I've been lurking here for quite some time, and I must say I really don't
get it.  Why would anyone concerned with Freedom and Free Software
waste cycles helping to further the dubious agenda coming out of
Redmond ?!?!

<soapbox>
We are Free Developers! We have a choice! One of those choices is a new
LGPL project call Japple.  Japple is about not getting caught in the dot
Net of a single technology provider.  It's about running _your_
applications on the platform of _your_ choice.  It's about lowering the
bar to Enterprise Application Development by making it easier, faster, and
more efficient to build, deploy, and maintain web applications.
</soapbox>

Cheers,
Bill Thompson
Chief Japple Evangelist