Re: [DotGNU]'best damned development environment'

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]'best damned development environment'
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 16:43:58 +1000

Norbert Bollow wrote:

> I think we should at least offer the option of using Ant as a
> build tool.  Maybe it should even be recommended as the
> preferred build tool for almost all things DotGNU.

I'm lagging a few days behind on my e-mail ...

Anyway, pnet already has a tool called "csant" which is
a cut-down version of Ant/NAnt for C# applications.
The main distinguishing characteristic is that it is written
in C and so does not need Java or C# to bootstrap itself.

I've been meaning to update pnetlib to build using csant
for some time, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Just thought I'd throw this into mix ...

Cheers,

Rhys.