Re: [DotGNU]pnet on address@hidden

From: Michal Moskal
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnet on address@hidden
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:42:12 +0200

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:41:59AM -0700, Gopal V wrote:
> > Why libgc and libffi are included with pnet? Why
> > orginal libraries aren't
> > used?
>
> Because they included a few hacks and fixes not
> included in the original libraries... ask ^Tum and
> sprinjp about what has changed and where (like threads
>
> in gc, some darwin .S files ....)

I looked into CVS log for libgc, and there was only one relevant change
for linux (checking if pthread_create succeed). This is minor fix, that
we in PLD can easly have in our system-wide libgc. It should also go
upstream. Therefore it would be nice to be able to compile pnet with
system libgc.

--
: Michal Moskal :: http://www.kernel.pl/~malekith : GCS {C,UL}++++$ a? !tv
: When in doubt, use brute force. -- Ken Thompson : {E-,w}-- {b++,e}>+++ h