Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 for MinGW (back-port)

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 for MinGW (back-port)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:17:59 -0400

Maciek Plewa wrote:

I've got your email. UNIX_PIPES is a shortcut to #if defined(HAVE_FORK) && defined(HAVE_EXECV) && (defined(HAVE_WAITPID) || defined(HAVE_WAIT))

With MinGW you would use _spawnv instead of fork and execv and _cwait instead of waitpid.

. I don't know about the second problem with errno.h - if it requires changing the 'configure' script, I can't do that because I'm not really familiar with it (I don't even have Linux); I'd really appreciate if you could help me with this problem.

You should be able to use my MSYS and msysDTK to build it on Win32.

However, the real problem for me (because related to MinGW) is that now it doesn't support very long command lines (e.g. parameters with 50,000 chars) I'm currently working on it.

You'll have to do what libtool does and split the line. IIRC, the limit is somewhere around 25000 dependent upon which flavor of windows.

Earnie.

--
http://www.mingw.org
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw