Re: [DotGNU]Attacking System.Reflection +Emit ... ?

From: Rich Baumann
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Attacking System.Reflection +Emit ... ?
Date: 30 Apr 2004 00:28:16 -0400

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 06:57, Jonas Printzen wrote:
> I have browsed some source by now and also the
> pnet-lib status. I found System.Reflection.Emit missing
> (suggested by Gopal also) and I'm thinkin I could start
> there.

A lot of S.R.Emit is already implemented (e.g. method code output should
be done). The major TODO items remaining are:

        - Custom attributes
                I don't remember anything about these, so I don't know how much
trouble these will be.

        - Resources
                Engine support was lacking at the time I was hacking
on SRE, but I think that's been fixed, so it should just require the
right lib_emit.c glue to get it going.

        - Running dynamically generated code
                Engine support is still lacking, afaik. Some things aren't
saved in
the engine's image format, only in the dll/exe output, so some design
changes in pnet/image/ will be needed. Rhys will probably have to do
this, because there's a lot of stuff in there that only Rhys will ever
understand.

Rich